running for the weekend

I'm finally feeling "well" after 15 days of bronchitis, in case you were wondering.

So I set the alarm for 7 a.m. so I could take advantage of Saturday's warm weather and go for a run. Here's a rundown of my day:

    7 a.m. Out of bed.
    7:05 a.m. Start a pot of coffee. Do a load of laundry.
    7:15 a.m. Pick up Amara's toys. Toss on a pair of yoga pants and my Under Armour.
    7:30 a.m. Pour myself a cup of coffee. I look for creamer in the fridge and discover it's pretty bare. I blame the bronchitis.
    7:32 a.m. Hmmm, empty refrigerator. I head to the grocery.
    9 a.m. I pull into the driveway, trunk filled with groceries.
    9:20 a.m. I am done putting away all of my purchases when Dad2Amara reminds me I now have 10 minutes to get Amara to dance class.
    9:31 a.m. Amara and I get to dance only 60 seconds late, only to find that her teacher is running 5 minutes later. Damn.
    10:30 a.m. I take Amara home and gather my things for my afternoon interview.
    noon After scarfing down a quick lunch, I drive an hour east to get to my interview.
    3 p.m. Interview's done. My gal pal, Danielle, meets up with me at The Cheesecake Factory bar for drinks and munchies.
    6 p.m. I'm home. But not before my car circles my neighborhood Sephora looking desperately for a parking space so I can buy foundation. Damn that busy shopping center.
    8:30 p.m. I sadly turn off the boob tube after watching the Jesuits fail to make the NCAA Championship at the hands of a chestnut. I decide to iron clothes to pass the time before bed.

Um, what happened to my run?!?! Grrr. A mom's work is never done.

I realized this morning that we are 7 days to Easter, and Amara did not have a dress yet so instead of going for a run today, I went shopping. Then we dropped off my goddaughter's Easter basket. And next thing I know - I'm ironing again.

Guess I'll try to go for a run tomorrow.


  1. I'm sorry you didn't get your run in... I hate days like that.


Post a Comment