gimme 20 (for '11)
I've said in the past I wouldn't make New Year's resolutions. And honestly, I can't even keep that promise.
So instead, I'm going to be like Santa. Keeping a list. And throughout the year, I'll check it. Maybe even twice.
Here's the first 10 of my 20 things I want to accomplish in 2011. I'll post another 10 next week.
- Drop 4. Not pounds. But points off the BMI table. Yes, that awful chart claims I'm obese. The bathroom scale seems to agree. Just 4 points still leaves me "overweight" on the index. But something's better than nothing, right?
- Run another half marathon. There I said it. Don't know when. Don't know where. Just know I. Will. Do. It.
- Answer your questions on the Disney Moms Panel. Yes, shameless plug, but I love Disney. And I love planning Disney vacations, even if the getaways aren't my own!
- Sleep. Yes, I have a horrible habit of waking before 6 a.m. even on weekends. But when my body and mind will allow me to visit with Mr. Sandman, I will oblige.
- Get schooled. Seriously, I want to take a class. A writing class. A cooking class. Or Wine 101. Anything to stimulate this pretty lil head of mine.
- Check in at church. Yes, I tweet from the pews. And Twitpic about the shepherd by the manger who has a lot of swagger. But I really want to rediscover the Church. Not just its message, but the people of my congregation.
- Blog once a week. Nuff said.
- De-friend Joe. As in cup of joe. I need to pare down my expenses, so my tall Skinny vanilla lattes are being banished.
- Volunteer. I haven't chosen an organization yet. But I would like Amara and I to give our time to a local charity at least once a month. Any suggestions?
- See blood. Before my surgery, I was a frequent flyer at the local Red Cross. Then because of my anemic state, I needed a transfusion, which prohibited me from donating blood for several months. I was sidelined. But once I was allowed back in play, I still sat out. Why? Who knows. That changes now.
I'm up for the challenge.
Are you? How are you planning to make the most of 2011?