why I won't be tweeting in the morning
Last week I ambitiously listed ten things I would wholeheartedly accomplish in 2011. I was filled with optimism. Hope.
Then life smacked me in the face. Reality. I've stayed with the meal plans. I'm still working out, taking questions on the Disney Moms Panel and sleeping. So that's numbers 1 through 4.
But how in Heaven am I going to find a time to complete the other six? And now I'm going to tag on another ten?
I must be certifiably crazy.
Then in occurred to me. What do I waste a lot of time on?
Hmmmmm. Tweet, tweet. I hear a little birdie.
So without further ado, here's a list of ten more things I will set out to achieve this year:
- Coffee before tweets. Yes, I have a horrible habit of checking Twitter, Facebook, and my email before I even make it down the stairs for breakfast. This. Must. Stop. I think I'd probably get out of the house at least ten minutes earlier if I'd just put the phone down.
- Speaking of putting down the cell...no texting in the mom-mobile. Yes, I am way better than I have been in the past. But I still pick up the phone to check tweets and texts when at stop lights. As of today, no more. Promise.
- Hug Amara and Dad2Amara as soon as I get home from work. No complaining about work. Or school. Just hugs.
- Lights out: Ok, so I may be attempting to get more sleep but that doesn't mean turning off the lights at 9 p.m. I will turn off the television by 10:30 p.m. Unless there's a Dog the Bounty Hunter marathon on. I do have my priorities.
- Scream. There's a spot in Chicago that overlooks Lake Michigan. I used to go there and yell at the top of my lungs like I was the only person on earth. Therapeutic and beautiful. I haven't seen that spot in years. But I'm going back there this year.
- Book 'em. I know this will sound so horrible but I don't read books. I'm a web girl. Or give me quick informative magazine articles. But books? It takes a lot for me to get into reading a book. But this year, I setting forth a mission to read two books. May not sound a lot to you. But it'll be a lot for me.
- Scrap it. No doubt about it, I am not very crafty. But I have a few scrapbooks. And now I'm four years behind in scrapbooking. I'm going to complete one scrapbook. Not sure which one. But one. Will. Get. Done.
- Make a gift. Each year I say I'm going to make a Christmas gift for a friend. I say I'm not going to spend a gazillion dollars at the store, I'm literally going to make it. This year, I'm going to do it.
- I will call or visit with a friend over the weekend. So often we let life pass us by. I don't want to take anyone for granted.
- Ooooh, right there: I'm making it a point to get a massage. I can't afford regular masseuse appointments but it's sure worth it for me. Talk about stress relief!
Then I look at the list and feel like I'm setting myself up for failure.
So I'm raising my virtual glass to all of you. Here's hoping 2011 is a huge success!